Organizing Your Bedroom

A bedside pouch, easily made from a towel or yard of fabric, that fits between mattress and box spring helps keep clutter off night stands.

By Linda

17 Questions

I'm looking at a queen bed foot end storage chest. What is the ideal size? Has anyone built one and have ideas? Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

42" long x 29" high x 18" deep
These measurements can always be adjusted to suit your purpose or availability. Just giving you a place to start.

Best Answer

That will depend on the size of your room. For myself, I would do it just a bit shorter than the bed is lengthwise and about an inch from the mattress.

Answer this Question

I really need advice on how to clean my room. I spend almost every weekend cleaning it but I am just not organized enough to keep it clean. If any one has any tips please help.

Danielle from Kent, WA

Answers

By Jo (Guest Post)

I have found the best thing to do is start small. If you have an excess of items that you haven't used in more than 1 week, it's time for it to go. Many charities will take these items in good condition. Then you will have more space to work with.

I really need help to organize my room. I keep cleaning it, but it just gets messy again, no matter what. I try to store things but they just make it back out on the floor again.

Thank you,
Alicia, Oregon, 14

Answers

There is a neat website (www.flylady.net) with tons of advice of how to get organized and stay organized. For example, she says just do a little a one time. When you start to organize, get two big garbage bags and each day put 27 items in one bag to throw away and 27 items in the other bag to donate to charity. When this is done (it may take you several days to do this) then you can "spring clean" your room one good time. Here's the kicker! Once you have spring cleaned, time yourself each day and just work on your room for 5 minutes! YES!! FIVE MINUTES PER DAY! Make sure you time this and really work for 5 minutes then stop. Believe it or not, over a period of time I have organized my ENTIRE house this way! P.S.- I think it's really neat that your 14 and want to get organized! I hope this helps!

By Stella (Guest Post)

A good way to start is to get rid of all that you do not need or like anymore, then donate these things to your local thrift store. Sometimes it is hard to organize when you have too much stuff.

By Alicia (Guest Post)

Thanks for the tips it helped alot

By Misty (Guest Post)

Help! I really want to organize and Re-decorate. I love to make stuff so any ideas to organize or decorate that i can make are like perfact.

thanks,
Misty Rose, 12

By laura, age 13 (Guest Post)

The best way to clean your room is to make things very simple for yourself to put away. When you are tired, you tend to just throw things wherever you can to get them out of the way. Try buying some larger shelves that you can use for your clothes in your closet instead of just hanging them up or using drawers. Good luck!

By marilyn (Guest Post)

I think the worst thing we all do is to just put things down when we're tired, or when we're ready to do something else. Over the course of a long and (sometimes) disorganized life I've learned that I shouldn't start anything until I've put away what I've been doing.
I use a lot of nice tote bags and baskets as "catchers" so that my rooms don't look messy.
My husband worked, years ago, for a tailor in the Bronx, who taught him to "work clean." He does, and it makes a big difference.
At a minimum, use some decent sized cartons, paint them a nice neutral color, and use them to corral things.
In the bedroom, you really need a clothes hamper!

By ~Renea~ (Guest Post)

I'm 14 to and just like anyone I always go up to my room and throw w/e anywhere there's a spot, I've tried to organize but I have to much stuff that I don't want to throw away! so yeah, if you can help me please say something! :)

make you a memory board. first get a plan on what color you want it to be. you can match your room already exsisting colors. pick a theme like western. flower power, poka dots etc. only a few craft items are needed like fabric choice, ribbons, foam board the size you want it to be, thumb tacks or push pins. i found a web site that has many ideas to get you started. it should tell everything you need like glue gun etc. walmart sells lots of fabric for $1.00 a yard. you could get about 3 yards of some print you like or that matches your wall colors or the bedspread you already have and add these 3 items to match and give a new inexspensive look. and all you need to sew them up is either a sewing machine, or hand stitch them or even use fabric glue.
1. photo wall memorie board (use some of your fabric to make this) go by the website ideas below)
2. use some of the fabric to make you two throw pillows for your bed. Cut out 2 cirles or 2 squares. You can either fill them with new polyfill which you get from walmart for$3 per bag. Or if you already have pillows on your bed just make new covers for them and slip over like pillowcases with ends left open.
3. use some of the fabric to make you a matching valance for your window. just measure the width of your window and cut fabrics lenght that measure plus high that measurement to give it a fuller look. a basic rectangle shape will work hen around the whole thing once or use fabric glue on hems edge. you can attach it to the rod by using colorful clips like for hair or use a gromit gun and use shower curtain hooks to hang them. even use clothes pins to hang them and paint your clothes pin and hotglue tiny cute objects to them like rings, silk flowers, etc.
a quick way to add a new but cheap priced look. and change it out with fabrics for the season like spring flowers, clouds, rainbow colors, fall leaves, etc.
beaded necklaces are great for adding decore too.
lindasivilich.tripod.com/

By helper (Guest Post)

i have learned that even if you try these things you don't always have enough time so don't do it all in one night, pick a night/ day to do it and then have someone come and help you do it. Who knows it might be fun!

By olivia kate (Guest Post)

I need help! Whenever I take something to my room, it mysteriously ends up on the floor. I need a space to put my random things too. I wanna redecorate! Help please! :D

My 13 year old daughter has a medium sized bedroom and a queen bed. My mom bought her a bedroom set which includes the dresser/mirror and 1 nightable and a new mattress (queen) and I don't know how to organize it. My daughter is thinking of putting all her clothes into the drawers and putting shelves and a small chair in her closet. Can someone please help? Her comforter is black and white. Also she wants it cute and girly.

Thanks.

By Keila

I have no clue how to do my room. My mom says I have to clean my room and organize it tomorrow while she's at work. I share a room with my sister and have a small room with lots of furniture with more coming.

I have 2 closets one for me and one for her and 2 dressers one for me one for her. I have a twin sized bunk bed, a desk that is long, a chest, a laundry basket, mirror, and a sewing desk with a sewing machine and a lot of fabric. I also have a bunny and lots of crafts that need somewhere to go.
Please help.

By Kaylin

I try doing everything I can to make my room organized and still look cool. I have a double sized bed, a stool, art supplies in desk drawer and a little desk. How can I organize this room?

By sweetie123

My room is an absolute disaster and its only a 12' by 12' room. Things I have: a queen bed, a six drawer dresser, a large corner desk, a small 3' by 3' closet and, a floor lamp. I currently have everything under my bed and in my closet. I need to organize and we can't go out and buy anything.

By erin

More Solutions

If you live in a small home and need more space to store your crafts, yarn, and scrapbook supplies, think of buying an Under Bedskirt Shoe Organizer.

Teens are notorious for having messy bedrooms. Read on for some idea on how to organize your teen bedroom.

Teen Bedroom

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

There are a number of thrifty ways to make your bedroom your own and a showcase of your favorite colors and things. This is a page about cute and fun ways to organize your room.

A cute and organized room.

Sometimes, kids and adults need to share a room which might mean the room needs to be laid out differently than if it was just for one or the other. Organizing a bedroom shared by adults and children takes a little extra planning.

A bedroom with several bunk beds.

If you have a messy husband, it can be very difficult to keep the bedroom clean. Here are some ideas about organizing a bedroom with a messy husband.

Woman Organizing a Bedroom with Her Husband

Load More
Organizing BedroomJuly 20, 2012
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organizing-Your-Bedroom.html