Organizing My Room?

I have no clue how to do my room. My mom says I have to clean my room and organize it tomorrow while she's at work. I share a room with my sister and have a small room with lots of furniture with more coming.

I have 2 closets one for me and one for her and 2 dressers one for me one for her. I have a twin sized bunk bed, a desk that is long, a chest, a laundry basket, mirror, and a sewing desk with a sewing machine and a lot of fabric. I also have a bunny and lots of crafts that need somewhere to go.
Please help.

By Kaylin

Sometimes a person can have too much furniture and things. Do you need to have the desk and table with a sewing machine in your room. The beds, closets, dressers, mirror, and clothes basket are necessities. As for the other things they aren't needed.

For several years my girls shared a room from the time they were toddlers until about 10 years of age. They had a full size bed that they both slept in, on closet, and one dresser until they got to being school age, then we added another dresser.

As for as toys, stuffed animals, etc. they had a corner of the family room for that stuff. The toys, etc. was limited to what would fit into a wood chest that was 2x2x3 feet.

There comes a time for everybody to downsize things. I have an adult developmentally disabled daughter that lives with me and we have a rule that when she gets something new, something old has to go. I also have the same rule for myself.

Put your fabric and craft stuff in a box or small plastic container put it under your bed neatly. If you have room in your closets store things in small plastic containers. If you can move the desk out of your room, do that. If not organize everything like pens and pencils in jars etc. Organize all your papers and books. As long as it is neat your mom will be happy!

Well, if you only have until tomorrow I think you need to take an emergency approach to the project. In medicine doctors call it triage - it means dividing everything into three sections.

Emergency
Intermediate, this keeps being divided into
Can wait
1. Make your bed.
2. Put all dirty clothes into your hamper.
3. Put other clothes into their place - on hangars or in drawers.
4. Go through the room with three big plastic bags.
a. Junk
b. Keep
c. Do not know
5. Empty junk bag outside in trash
6.Put keep stuff in bottom of your closet
7. Take all c. and put on your bed
8. Divide c. into 3 sections.
a. Junk
b. Keep
c. Do not know.
9. Keep doing this until you have a set of bags in your closet, a lot of junk in the trash, and nothing left that puzzles you.
10. Put all the keep stuff away as described by other people using boxes, bags, jars, etc.
Your mum will be so pleased and if you have bags of stuff extra, ask her if you can put some nails in the woodwork around the closet so you can hang bags of important things - you could make lovely bags from your sewing material.

I keep my sewing stuff under the bed in baskets. I have had the same containers for years and when I move they just go in boxes and go with me. Good luck. If you succeed in this then you will have loads more time for your hobbies. Wish this was more cleverly written but I think you will quickly understand my points.

Organizing BedroomDecember 19, 2011
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf94350514.tip.html