Organizing My Bedroom

I have a very small bedroom and am in desperate need of ideas. Does anyone have any for me?

By Lena from Portland, ME

Answers:

Organizing My Bedroom

The basic theory here is you need to go "up" to make more room. If you haven't filled up yet on furniture you can get a wardrobe with drawers in the lower half and room to hang in the upper half.

You can get a hanging shoe rack: it has a hanger top and many pouches normally for shoes, but you can use the pouches for many things. Hang it on the back of your door or in the closet if you put stuff in it you don't readily need.

If you have a head or foot board on your bed devise pouches to hang on those for room.

Of course under the bed is space to use, but it helps if you can organize it. That shoe storage box they advertise on TV is really ideal and again you don't have to put shoes in it. Ask for one for Christmas.

Good luck. (11/24/2009)

By Suntydt

Organizing My Bedroom

Floor to ceiling book cases are the way to go. You have to build them, but the lumber yard will cut them to the size you want. If you stabilize them to the wall with a bracket they can be taken apart and moved with you. You can place plastic boxes on them and you won't believe the amount of storage space you have on the top shelves and the usable space you have on the lower shelves. (11/28/2009)

By Ann

Organizing My Bedroom

If you can, put shelves around the entire room about 18 inches from the ceiling. You can put things up there that decorate, but aren't needed below eye level. Good luck. (11/28/2009)

By Poor But Proud