Organizing a Bedroom Without a Closet

Category Bedroom
Older homes and apartments often do not have closets in the bedrooms. So, some creative organizing will be needed to find alternative storage for clothing, shoes, etc. This is a guide about organizing a bedroom without a closet.

How can I compensate for not having a closer in my bedroom

By Robin from Norfolk, VA

Walmart has portable clothes racks that you have to assemble yourself starting at about $15.00. The one for $15 has a bar to hang your clothes plus a rack to put shoes and such. If your bedroom has room for a dresser or two, use them for as many things as possible. I have 2 dressers in my room. Each has 4 drawers. Theres a drawer for underclothes and socks, a drawer for unseasonal clothes (sweaters are kept in here during the summer months), a drawer for sheets and pillowcases, the rest just for all the other miscellaneous stuff I have laying around. Hope this helps. Blessings!

Do you have room for a small armoire? Maybe a short rack in a corner?