Organizing Your Linen Closet

I haven't stored my sheets in my linen closet for years! Every bed has 2 sets of sheets. I fold the sheets as most everyone else seems to do, and fold the pillowcase around it (or you can slip the sheets into the pillowcase). Then I put the extra set between the mattresses of the bed it is for. I either slip them in at the foot of the bed, or the side - whichever is more convenient.

When we had babies in cribs, I folded the crib sheets, put them in a plastic bag, and slipped it between the mattress and springs. This way the sheets are handy and easy to get to when I want to change them, and it frees a tremendous amount of space in my linen closet for other things. This was really helpful when there were 6 of us in the house!

By Judy = Oklahoma from Oklahoma

21 More Solutions

This tip will save you looking for a matching bottom and top sheet with matching pillowcases. Put folded sheets and one of the pillowcases inside the other pillowcase.

I fold the top and bottom sheets in rectangles. Then I wrap them with the folded pillow cases, and a scented dryer sheet between the sheets. I put the complete bundle into a transparent recycled bag.

After washing and drying your sheets, fold them and the pillowcases neatly and put them in one of the pillowcases and store them in the linen closet.

I "try" to keep my linen closet organized using a few tricks. I don't fold my sheets and pillowcases together in sets because I intermingle the top/bottom sheets and pillow cases.

Keep Bedding Sets Together. When I fold the sheets from the dryer, I always fold the fitted sheet and then I fold the pillowcases together and put both inside the fold of the top sheet.

To prevent creases when hanging linens from wire hangers, take a cardboard tube from a used up roll of paper towels and cut lengthwise. Then slip it over the wire hanger and apply tape where you cut the tube.

I place all of sheets together in one of the pillowcases, so the set is together and easy to grab. I store the clean sheets in the closet of the room they are going to be used in.

When bed linens are washed and dried, they are folded as flat sheet, fitted sheet, and pillowcases in layers together. They go in a drawer in whichever room those sheets are used.

I make my linen area look really neat by taking sheet sets and pillowcases and tying them together with inexpensive colorful ribbon. I'm sure this would work with towel sets as well.

I organize my sheet sets by folding the sheets and placing them in the matching pillowcase. I also organize my sheet sets by having a shelf for each size; such as the queen size on one shelf, and the twins on another, etc.

I try not to ever fold sheets by washing and drying them and then putting them right back on the bed. Note, that this caused a problem in my first marriage because my husband thought I never changed the sheets.

To keep table linens from creasing, install a rod just beneath a low shelf and hang the linens on hangers padded with paper towel tubes. Fold and store bed or bath linens by sets, not by size.

This tip is helpful for folding your pillow cases. I always take both my pillow cases (seam sides together) and fold BOTH together as you would fold one pillow case.

I like to keep sets together or sheets that I created sets out of by folding them, along with one pillowcase, and putting the entire set into the other pillowcase. This way, you have a neat sheet section in your closet or drawer, and they fit together better too.

Recently my son decided he wanted fresh new white sheets and he did need a new comforter. Our sheets are old or hand-me-downs, so I thought it would be nice to give him some new items.

Simply fold towels together. While folding, fold one of the bath towels around the rest of the set, making it a size and shape that stacks nicely in your storage closet.

Does this tag tell the size of the bedding eg. full, queen, or king? How do you tell the size once the bedding is removed from its packaging?

Answers

I use a Sharpie Permanent Marker and write the size on the foot corner of mine. I also mark the left head corner and the right foot corner of the fitted sheet so there's no guessing at how it goes on the bed. All my fitted sheets are marked the same. The ink marking is tucked under the mattress so it does not show when bed is made up.

I need some help organizing my linen closet. it is JAM PACKED full of blankets (most of which we use because of frequent guest). It is very small and had about five shelves in it. Any suggestions?

Renee from AR

Answers

By lilly (Guest Post)

i organize my linen closet this way. i put all the sets that belongs toguether inside of one of the matching pillow cases, fold it and when you are looking for that set everything is neatly put inside ,you dont have to go crazy looking for all the matching pieces in different places.

By Kathy (Guest Post)

How about getting some of those rubbermaid tubs or large plastic bags to store things in and put all the blankets in those? You could then store the containers somewhere else where you might have more room.

By (Guest Post)

At work we put the blankets in a plastic (garbage) bag (be sure there are no holes) and use the vacuum to suck out all the air then tie the bag securely. Your blankets will be compressed so that they take up less space. This can also be done with clothes when you pack them away for the season and also with sheets and pillowcases. Be sure to mark them or use clear bags to see what is in them.

What's a clever and easy way to identify my full size from king size sheets? They are all white in color.

By Gina K

Load More
Organizing LinensJuly 14, 2011
🌻
😷
🎂
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Organizing-Your-Linen-Closet.html