Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases

Category Linens
Organize your linen closet by storing sheets inside the matching pillowcases. This is a guide about storing sheets inside pillowcases.

This tip will save you looking for a matching bottom and top sheet with matching pillowcases. Put folded sheets and one of the pillowcases inside the other pillowcase. Next, place a used dryer sheet inside and it will keep them smelling sweet. Everything can be stored neatly in its own case! No more hunting for a matching set. Saves time and the sheets smells fresh because of the dryer sheet!

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

After folding your sheets neatly, place them inside of one of the pillow cases. They lay flat and you know where everything is by the pillowcase you use with each set.

Source: My Mom

By Patricia Hamm from Lexington, NC

I just listened to a friend complain that she could not keep her bed sheets together for each bedroom. She said they end up in wrong closets or on the wrong beds.

In my house, I always wash all the bedding for a bed on a particular day (master on Mondays, daughter 1 on Tuesdays, etc.) When I take them off the clothes line, I fold the sheets and all but one pillowcase. I then take the folded items and put them into the pillowcase, and fold it over. They are stored in the proper bedroom's closet.

Makes a nice compact way to keep the sheets easy to find.

Your sheet set will fit in a pillowcase! This keeps everything neat and organized.

Source: Annette and Steve Economides newsletter

Having problems keeping up with a set of bed linens? I fold and put everything in one pillowcase. It is so easy and fast to find everything in the closet.

By Vera from Myrtle Beach, SC

Answers:

Store Sheets Inside Pillowcases

Great idea! (07/24/2009)

By Ginger Beer

Store Sheets Inside Pillowcases

I never store sheets! Years ago I decided that I really only need one set of sheets per bed. (and, we have 5 bedrooms and 5 beds!)

So, there is just one set of sheets per bed. When they are washed, the bed is stripped, washed, dried, and put immediately back on the bed! Saves on storage, and really just makes it easier in the end. (who can fold a fitted sheet anyway?)

Also, every bed in our house is a different size (except for 2 twins on a daybed/trundle combo) so, having a bunch of different sheets for each bed would be a waste of money.

Sheets last about 2 or 3 years. so, when they are worn out, I just buy new! Also, because I only buy 1 set of sheets, I buy the very best quality with the highest thread count that I can find. They feel like butter and just get softer with each washing! (I have one set, for my queen bed, that is 4 or 5 years old, and they are as soft as a baby blanket. It is in a guest room, and everyone just loves them!) (07/25/2009)

By Steph

When I fold sheets, I place one pillowcase between the two folded sheets. I then place that inside the second pillowcase. Very neat and easy to stack. No more looking for the pillow cases, or sheets sliding around in the linen closet.

By Barb from Hillsboro, Oregon

Answers:

Store Sheets Inside Pillowcases

I usually put the pillowcases between the sheets, but this is better. Thanks for the great idea! (08/04/2008)

By Maryeileen

Store Sheets Inside Pillowcases

Great idea! Now how do you keep the 3 year old from dragging all of the stuff out of the linen closet? (08/05/2008)

By Ashley

When doing the laundry, I put my sheet sets inside one of the pillow cases that go with that set. When going through the linen closet all I have to do is grab the set I want and it's all together in the pillow case. No more wondering where that other sheet or pillow case is.

By Fara from Wareham MA

Answers:

Keeping Bed Linens with the Rest of the Set

What a brilliant idea. I'm doing my sets of linens tomorrow! Thanks (03/28/2006)

By Brenda

That is Brilliant! Just Brilliant! (03/29/2006)

By Ann

Why Fara, that was such a great idea.I was folding my pillow cases together so I wouldn't lose one but you've went one step further and I thank you. Jackie (03/30/2006)

By Jackie

Now that is one of the smartest ideas I have ever heard! What a great solution to a big problem that I have! (10/29/2008)

By Wendy Leal