DishesCleaning

Cleaning Up Dried-on Egg

Category Dishes

Salt not only makes eggs taste better, but it makes "eggy" dishes clean easier. Sprinkle salt on dishes right after breakfast; it makes them a whiz to clean if you have to wait until later when you have time.

By Lori Zehren

I've never used salt to clean dishes but it sounds like a good idea. That's all I ever use to clean my cast iron cookware. I never soak it and I dare anyone to come near it with soap. Just hot water, a clean soap-free rag, and salt is all I need. I just scrub it out, rinse it well, and put it away. This keeps me from having to re-treat them every few weeks.

Don't fret over spilled eggs. Just pour Morton's Salt on top of the spill to cover the eggs. Then wipe the eggs up with a paper towel.

By MrsMoted2