BooksEntertainment

Take Good Care of Your Books!

When reading a hard cover book, take the dust jacket off, so that it does not get damaged. To clean the dust jacket, use Pledge or other spray wax. Make sure it is spray wax, as other cleaners can damage the cover. Works on other book covers as well, but test first to make sure it doesn't harm the book. Use a bookmark, and never dog ear the pages, as this ruins the appearance of a book. Keep them nice for the next reader!

By Roberta from Deltona, FL

I love books too, and am unhappy when I check out library books only to find they've been treated badly: written in, eaten over, pages creased, covers battered. I was taught that books represent the ideas that make us free. I know that computers and ipods and iphones have changed people's attitudes dramatically, but I still can remember reading The Tortoise and The Hare.

I love fellow booklovers! Read on!