AdviceCamping

Campgrounds in Saskatchewan

Has anyone been to a nice campground in Saskatchewan lately? We usually go to La Ronge but I would like to try something new. We like quiet, secluded campgrounds. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

By mamasita from Saskatchewan

Anonymous

At this website you can read about the different campgrounds in Saskatchewan.
http://www.camp … Saskatchewan.cfm

Hi -- I am from Nipawin, Sask. I would suggest campgrounds along Hwy 106, that runs from Smeaton to Flin Flon. There are a lot of lakes, big and small along that route. Lower Fishing Lake in the Narrow Hills Prov. Park is my favorite. It has a nice campground with all the services, but isn't overly built up.

Candle Lake is also a beautiful lake, but not what I would call secluded. It is a resort village with restaurants, several beaches, mini-golf, and lots of cabins. You don't notice much of this at the campground though. There are wonderful sites within walking distance of the beach at Sandy Bay Campground there. As you likely know, Candle is an hours drive from Prince Albert, just north of Meath Park.

There are many campgrounds along 106 at smaller lakes; most of these have few services. Many people like Little Bear Lake; it has a resort and some cabins, but isn't overly commercialized.