CarpetCleaning

Spilt Drinks On Carpet

I have a light brown carpet in my living room and I recently had a my nieces and nephews over for the weekend and they spilt drinks and even dropped some food on the floor. I tried some carpet cleaners but they don't work. what is the best carpet cleaner I can use without renting a carpet shampooer?

Mindy

By annie (Guest Post)

The BEST cleaner I've ever found is Bissel Little Green. I even use it for laundry stains and it will take out a grease mark that has been baked in the dryer. Walmart carries it.

club soda,,,,,,,even on dried stains,,,,DON'T rub it in. if its red kool-aide..ouch try laundry pre-treater and then club soda/ soda water

By sarah (Guest Post)

I can not even begin to tell you how wonderful Windex works. I had an older dog who threw up a black tarish looking substance right before she was going to die. I tried everything to get the stains up.

It did become a faded brown color. At Easter I found this tip right here and tried it. I sprayed the spot well with Windex, took an old cloth diaper and rubbed away. You can not even tell there was a spot there. I was soooo amazed at this tip!!

Hmm....Windex for stains on the carpet...I'll be trying that!! Thanks Sarah!

When all else fails. I used to work as an installer for New York Carpet World (I think they are defunct now). It was recommended to people who had stains they couldn't get out to use a magic marker and color the stain. Sometimes it doesn't look bad other times its terrible. If you're going to try it do a small spot somewhere unnoticeable first to see how well it works.