LaundryOrganizing

Color Code Your Towels For Cleaning

Even after laundering them, I do not like to use bathroom cleaning cloths for body washcloths, so here's what I do:

I use a color coded system for my washcloths and towels to keep them purposed for their task. No labeling required, except for the containers I put them in. For example: Dark Tan = Skin (dark to keep them from getting faded as quickly, tan because it is a skin type color). White = cleaning sink, shower, etc., because they're the same color as what they are cleaning. This keeps something I wiped the toilet off with from ever coming into contact with my face - Yuck! I keep them in a separate labeled plastic container.

When I wash them, the whites get soaked with an adequate amount of bleach for a good while and the dark tan ones get washed with my dark colored clothes. You could use other colors, the multi-packs of wash clothes are less expensive, but my colors work for me :)

By Nate from Louisville, KY

I don't use towels and wash cloths for cleaning anything but the body, until they are so worn out that you can tell they are rags. Actually for cleaning I prefer to use old tee shirts that have been cut up.

Here is a hint. It only takes one forth cup of bleach to sanitize ten gallons of water.

If you have a twenty gallon washer one half cup will sanitize your cloths.

Thanks for sharing this tip. I'm just beginning to do this. When I use a depilatory cream and remove with a washcloth I can't seem to get the smell out. Drives me nuts! This is good idea because it can be used a lot of different ways.