Color Coordinating Towels and Rugs for Your Bath

Category Bathroom
Selecting towels and rugs that coordinate with your bathroom color scheme help complete the look you desire. This guide is about color coordinating towels and rugs for your bath.

I have renovated my bathroom. The tiles are grey with snowy white. The walls and floor are not shiny. I need to know what colour of towels and rugs will match.

By Matli M

Answers

My bathroom has been red and black for 40 years now. I love it. I would not go with red paint but accents are an inexpensive way to make a room pop.

Any color your heart desires will match your bathroom.

I agree that just about any colour in the world would match your colour scheme. I would use white and dark grey &/or black. I think that would make a sophisticated look. If you were interested in a very feminine look, you might go with dark rose and light rose pink - with or without white.

Anonymous

Sage colored bathroom

My bathroom has cream walls with brown wood. What colour curtains, bathmat and, hand towel should I use in order to make it look brighter.

Answers

You have many choices: You can use orange, yellow and green to brighten it up. Rose colors will also coordinate for a softer look.

Aqua teal would be a nice balance for your bathroom.

I like royal blue or a deep emerald green to perk it up.

I am moving into a older apartment. The bathroom has white walls (which I can not paint), med oak cabinets and a black granite countertop. What color towels would look the best for a modern look? I like the darker colors. Thank you for your help.

Answers

That looks almost exactly like my bathroom, Kandreason! I'm having great fun with brightly coloured towels: reds, bright pinks, different shades of blue (rotating each week).

Fortunately I was able to find a shower curtain with all those bright colours on a white background and it ties everything together.

Male or female? or both? or just "for everyone"?

have you thought of using a bold variation of blues - maybe curtains/towels with a nice mixture of blues (blocks, checks, geometric) or maybe a mixture of golds and browns?

These are nice colors to mix with a variety of small accessories.

My bathroom has ashen tan walls with glass tile of burgundy, dark brown, and clear on the counters. I would like to add color that pops for my linens and accessories. What colors should I go with. I am thinking about aqua and burgundy. Help.

By Lerdy HEBERT from Cow Island, LA

Answers

You picked some good colors, aqua and burgundy should be fine, good luck.

I think the aqua would look superb!

My bathroom wall is chocolate brown on the top half and beige tiles on the bottom half. The floor tiles are small tiles with the colors cream, tan, beige, and brown. There is a white vanity. I do not know what color shower curtain to put or towels and rug.

By Dawn

Answers

That is a pretty neutral pallet, but if you are very fond of the browns, you could just go with that and have a brown /cream patterned shower curtain, and towels, etc in two or three shades - perhaps one darker, one lighter, and then cream. Or, if you wish to jazz it up, you cold go with a nice powder blue in towels, and see if you can find a patterned shower curtain in brown and blue. Raspberry or a soft sage green would also look nice, but pick only one accent, I think. Not all three!

Load More