Color Coordinating Towels and Rugs for Your Bath

Category Bathroom
Selecting towels and rugs that coordinate with your bathroom color scheme help complete the look you desire. This guide is about color coordinating towels and rugs for your bath.

I have light grey walls, a cream shower curtain, and grey towels. What color bath rug would be best grey or cream?

Answers

it seems you want to stay with those two colors so why not try to find a striped or neat design (blocks. squares, geometric, etc) rug with a combination of the two colors with maybe another color mixed in to brighten the room.
Others may suggest different colors but one thing to keep in mind - this is a bath rug and will have to laundered so a wild color may not be the best choice.

In a small bath, we have white granite with beige and grey veins, white and beige floor tile with a little grey movement and white cabinets with modern brushed hardware. We'd like to paint the walls light purple with a lighter purple above the chair rail. What color towels and shower curtain should we use?

Answers

Silver or red accessories would compliment the purple color.

As per the universal color wheel, a pale or even a sunny yellow would be a nice complimentary color to purple.

I have renovated my bathroom. The tiles are grey with snowy white. The walls and floor are not shiny. I need to know what colour of towels and rugs will match.

By Matli M

Answers

My bathroom has been red and black for 40 years now. I love it. I would not go with red paint but accents are an inexpensive way to make a room pop.

Any color your heart desires will match your bathroom.

I agree that just about any colour in the world would match your colour scheme. I would use white and dark grey &/or black. I think that would make a sophisticated look. If you were interested in a very feminine look, you might go with dark rose and light rose pink - with or without white.

My bathroom has cream walls with brown wood. What colour curtains, bathmat and, hand towel should I use in order to make it look brighter.

I want to use 2 brown rugs and have my towels brown and green. Will they go together in my bath room because I want to change it?

Answers

These colours go fine together, as a rule. What colour is the rest of the bathroom? That will make a big difference. If it is mostly white, for example, you are good to go. If it is some other colour -- say blue, it might not.

I am moving into a older apartment. The bathroom has white walls (which I can not paint), med oak cabinets and a black granite countertop. What color towels would look the best for a modern look? I like the darker colors. Thank you for your help.

Answers

That looks almost exactly like my bathroom, Kandreason! I'm having great fun with brightly coloured towels: reds, bright pinks, different shades of blue (rotating each week). Fortunately I was able to find a shower curtain with all those bright colours on a white background and it ties everything together.

I am buying a new home, there is a bathroom just for guest to use. I am having a color issue. There are grayish cabinets, brown tile, beige walls, and brown counters. What color towels should I buy? I want to at least make it pop.

Answers

Anonymous

Sunshine yellow will make all that brown pop

Anonymous

bright coral

I am painting my bathroom a light grey, I also have a black/grey shower curtain with silver sequins, what color should my towels and accessories be?

By Mary

Answers

I would only use white with that. Recently I bought sold white towels. I am having names put on them for Christmas. That would look nice with your set. White towels with gray names. Check etsy

You have a pretty neutral bathroom. Use colors that you love and it seems that anything would go with your present color scheme. Change it out for the seasons. You might want to consider the adjoining rooms (bedrooms, etc.) to coordinate a color. Gray and white goes with everything.

I just purchased burgundy towels. What color can I paint the walls in a small bathroom besides white?

By Stephanie

Answers

Personally, I like white, but you might go with shades of grey - light, or dark, if you like the look of dark grey in a small room. Perhaps a cream colour might work, depending on the colour of your sink, etc. I have seen burgundy paired with a deep green on wallpaper, so perhaps that might also work, or for a monochromatic look, you could have a pale burgundy.

My bathroom has ashen tan walls with glass tile of burgundy, dark brown, and clear on the counters. I would like to add color that pops for my linens and accessories. What colors should I go with. I am thinking about aqua and burgundy. Help.

By Lerdy from Cow Island, LA

Answers

You picked some good colors, aqua and burgundy should be fine, good luck.

I think the aqua would look superb!

My bathroom has brown cabinets and wallpaper, with light to medium blue flowers. What color towels and bath mats should I use in this bathroom?

Answers

I favor the same blue as the flowers on the wall

I have just painted my bathroom a very pale grey and have no idea what color towels, etc. I should use. Can you help?

By mek

Answers

With grey as your background, you can pretty much go with just about any colour that you want (except perhaps browns or oranges). I would choose a shower curtain first, in a pattern that you like, and then choose two (or three) colours of towels that match. I go with the shower curtain first because it is more difficult to find something that you like in a curtain. I have a white bathroom, but the colours I have (which would work with your room) are burgundy and dark green. In your grey room, you could go with white, black, and grey, or a dark and light shade of a colour you like such as green, pink, purple, or blue, with white for a third colour if you need a lot of towels in the room. Red, white and grey, or two colours of grey and a fairly bold accent colour such as pink or red. Really, you have a lots of choices.

My bathroom wall is chocolate brown on the top half and beige tiles on the bottom half. The floor tiles are small tiles with the colors cream, tan, beige, and brown. There is a white vanity. I do not know what color shower curtain to put or towels and rug.

By Dawn

Answers

That is a pretty neutral pallet, but if you are very fond of the browns, you could just go with that and have a brown /cream patterned shower curtain, and towels, etc in two or three shades - perhaps one darker, one lighter, and then cream. Or, if you wish to jazz it up, you cold go with a nice powder blue in towels, and see if you can find a patterned shower curtain in brown and blue. Raspberry or a soft sage green would also look nice, but pick only one accent, I think. Not all three!

I just painted my master bedroom and master bathroom a beautiful blue. However, I have no idea what colors I should use for towels and rugs. My cabinets in the master bathroom are white. Help.

By bsmuraco0529

Answers

I'd go with white &/or a darker shade of blue.

We recently remodeled our small bathroom. It has a white tub, toilet, oak vanity with white onyx top, and an oak cabinet on the wall over the toilet. We used brushed nickel for towel racks, toilet paper holder, and all faucets. The tile goes tub to ceiling and is light shades of brown with a little cream color here and there. The walls outside the tub are painted a light yellow. The floor is vinyl, an off white with tan thrown in here and there.

What colors would be good for rugs, shower curtain, and wall accessories. I tried a light shade of brown rugs but it was just too much brown.

By Ginny B.

Answers

How about yellow to compliment and accent the wall colour? You could also use a couple of things; towels, a vase if you have a display area in a true red.