Cat Pees on Rugs and Towels

Category Cats
There are a few possibilities as to why your kitty may be urinating on rugs and towels. This guide offers some reasons for the behavior and suggestions for what to do when your cats pees on rugs and towels.

My cat isn't sick and has been doing this for several years. She pees on only one rug when I put it in front of my kitchen door. Or if I put any towels on the floor in her room. I use vinegar and soap on the floor when I throw away the rugs. Even if a curtain hangs low enough on the kitchen door she will pee on it. Any suggests?

Best Answer

Cats do not like the noise or feel of aluminum foil when they walk on it and certainly will not pee on it, put it down where they usually "go" . As soon as they find this out they will go to the litter box as long as it is in a convenient place and clean.

Best Answer

When your cat pees on your clothing or bedding or towels it is trying to mingle its scent with yours. It is a complement, cat style. When she is targeting the rug in front of your front door, she may be smelling a neighborhood cat who has marked near your front door.

Check outside on or near your door. You may be able to see it. I have had it happen. She may like the rug or curtains because the scent lingers in the cloth.

You might want to neuter your cat, if you haven't already. Make sure to wash all areas with an enzyme detergent that will remove all traces of smell. Your cat has marked its territory and will come back to the same spot.

Thanks, she has been fixed and I have tried the spray-just can't seem to get to what will make her stop this.