Growing a Tree from a Willow Cutting?

How do I start a willow tree?

By Carol Burich from Pittsburgh, PA

Best Answer

All you have to do is put the cut end in water and change it every 2 or 3 days, be sure there is room between the twigs so don't crowd them in a glass or jar.

Rinse the stem ends when you change the water but stop rinsing them once you see roots, just carefully flood the jar with warm water until it is clear again, once roots start appearing simply pot them up and try to keep them in a warm area, they grow like crazy so be prepared! Corkscrew willows can be kept in a pot for many years and make beautiful trees.

Anonymous

Thank you for your help. We have two suckers we will be removing and wanted to replant for more trees.

You answered all our questions clearly. Again, we Thank you.

I have a weeping willow that is on its third year, I need to transplant it,it's trunk is about 2 1/2 ", can I cut it oof at the base and replant

I don't know how to start one but I DO know the one we had (weeping willow) in our yard in Louisiana interfered with the plumbing! they are very invasive and not good near any plumbing lines. Put it far, far away from the house! It was beautiful and I enjoyed it until it started it's bad ways and I'll never have another!

It doesn't require much effort at all. We have a beautiful curly willow that was damaged by an ice storm in the Spring of 2008.

While we were cleaning up the debris, on a whim we stuck several branches into the moist spongy soil. We now have healthy trees growing, and are planning to transplant several next spring.

Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsOctober 12, 2009
😷
🎉
Generated 2020-12-26 01:50:55 in 588 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf35250097.tip.html