12 Year Old Party Ideas

Category Birthday
Your 12 year old is on the cusp of becoming a teenager. This can be a difficult party to plan so that all of the kids have a good time. This is a guide about 12 year old party ideas.

Planning a successful birthday party for your young teen can be a challenge. This is a guide about 12th birthday party ideas for girls.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 7

What's a good idea for a 12 year old daughter's party? She's very mature and so are her friends. Please help.

By zahynia from Pataskala, OH

Answers

Best Answer

Why not have an 80's era party. The girls can dress up with big hair, neon colors, fishnets, etc. and have a costume contest. Then you could turn a room into a dance floor with fog machines, bright balloons, and music from the 80's and now. Then you could finish it off with a movie from the 80's like Pretty in Pink. Hope you like the idea.

By Madison S.

Best Answer

A tea party is great at this age. Have the girls dress up to include white gloves, undo hair, etc. and serve finger foods. Cake in the shape of a tea pot, and different flavors of tea to sample. White table cloths and soft music. Include the moms. Later the girls can spend the night. It is really fun especially if the adults gather and it is a great time to get to know the parents that you don't know.

My birthday is in July but i want to get some ideas so i can start planning the party now. I am turning 12 and I am going in to middle school so I want the party to be the party everyone remembers.

Ashley

Answers:

Throw a Party For You
05/12/2005

Don't throw the party for your friends, throw it for yourself. It would be better to have a few close friends that you would have a good time with then to have many people to impress. As for what to do just pick something that you enjoy or want to do. Sleepovers are always fun or have a luau themed swimming party which punch and music. As long as it's for you.

By Amy

Party in a Camper
05/12/2005

A few month ago, my granddaughter turned 12. Her Mom rented a camping trailer for 1 night, fairly reasonable. It was put in the backyard. The fridge was filled with soda and dips, the cabinets with chips, etc. It slept 6-8, so there were 8 girls altogether. They had music, games and sleeping bags. The neighbors were aware, but they tried to keep the noise low. They were up until 2:00AM. For breakfast, there was a pancake feast. Everyone had a ball.

By Memere

Paint T-shirts
05/18/2005

When my daughter was 10 she had everybody bring an old T-shirt and they painted it. Everybody can sign each others shirt. You just need some stencils or transfers and paint. We also had everybody bring a pizza topping and they made individual pizzas. Of course You can't forget make-up, nail polish, and hair things. Then for breakfast we had donuts and juice. They had a ball.

By C. Lauderback

Dancing Contest
05/21/2005

I am 13 and this year I am inviting all my friends (guys and girls) to my house and we are going to do dancing contests, the limbo, and a game where you get rather large box (you can get them at home depot) and tape and make two teams, and see which team can package a team member first, also we are having a hula hoop contest.

By Devyn

Three Contests
05/31/2005

This year I'm turning 12 and I invited 5 of my friends and I came up with three contest: Dance, supermodel (runway), and singing.

By Sarah

Friendly Water Balloon Fight
06/01/2005

I am putting on my invitations:

"Friendly Water Balloon Fight"

We will have a blast!

By Amy

Slip n' Slide
06/07/2005

I am turning twelve and my mom bought me a double Slip N' Slide, and a Volley Ball/Badminton net, and it should be great!

By Autumn

Rockstar Party
01/22/2006

My birthday party is on February 11th and I am having a rock star party. Get people to come as a rock star. Get a karaoke machine. Change the lights to be colorful. Do each other's make up. If you have a video recorder then film it as a music video or just take pictures.

have fun!

By cassy

Movie Party
02/01/2006

I am hosting a party February 18-19, its a slumber party. Girls only and we get to watch movies and munch on popcorn. The craft that we are doing is mom is baking some shamrock shaped cookies, and we decorate our own cookies with green frosting and sprinkles. t will be so fun! Can't wait.

By Erica

Night Club Themed Party
02/07/2006

I am having a night club theme. I've got all I need. If anyone needs an idea, this is the perfect idea. I even might have virgin daiquiris.

By mARICELA

Beach Hut Party
02/10/2006

For my birthday, I had 11 friends over dressed in beach outfits (costumes bikinis) and we went in the garden. We turned the shed to a beach hut, got out the paddling pool, bought bags of sand and put them down on the grass. We did limbo, hula dancing, etc. It rained and we still had fun! Hope this helps.

By Ally

Beauty Sleepover
02/17/2006

You should go to Kidz Cuts in town and they do up your hair, make up and nails and afterwards have a sleep over.

By Shauna

What do you like to do?
03/02/2006

I am turning 13 teen on March 11, my mom is an artist, so I can say I have some wild parties, for next to no money at all. Make sure your party is something you like. What do you like to do? Do you like sports, art, water, animals? First you need a theme. One good idea is if you have a fish party, you could take a old white bed sheet and hang it up on the wall, and have a contest with paint and marker to see who can draw the best fish.

By birthday hero

Make Your Own Sundaes
04/08/2006

You don't have to throw huge party and spend $200 to have a nice party. Have it at your house, play games and eat build your own sundaes.

By jessica

Fiesta Themed Party
04/14/2006

My son turned 13 last summer and I threw him the HOTTEST party. It was voted the best party and I'm the coolest mom ever. Here's what I did:

I kept the theme, details, and food all a surprise. The theme was Fiesta, the food was all HIS favorites: mac and cheese, nachos (crock pot and chips so they could help themselves anytime), popcorn chicken, quesadillas, and virgin margaritas! I served the kids in the pool with plastic champagne glasses and also had a HUGE glass container with a spout that they could also help themselves to fresh lemonade (soda is messy and expensive). No cake! They will make a mess, I did chocolate covered strawberries.

For fun, much to my sons horror (which turned out to be the hit!), I had organized games.

1) Pass the lemon under your chin to the next person with no hands, if they drop it you are out (tons of giggles from boys and girls)

2) Take M&M's, marshmallows, Jell-O wigglers and whip cream, put it on a plate then everyone races to eat it with their hands behind your back.

3) Piñata with, of course, a blindfold. I had so much fun with this.

4) Water balloon or egg toss is always popular.

5) The limbo was hilarious also.

Now to keep the kids interest you have to have great prizes, Starbucks gift cards with $5 on them worked well unisex, Axe spray went well for the boys, board shorts I found at the $5 Store went well for the girls.

I had borrowed speakers and an amp from a guitar teacher and had music blaring in the backyard from my sons IPOD. For his present I had redone his room and part of it was the back of the door was painted with chalkboard paint, so each guest got to graffiti it and say Happy B-day. It truly was the most fun party for me, I had my daughter and her friend videotaping, making margaritas and helping me in general and they got paid in chocolate.

By Tammy

Luau Party
04/20/2006

For the Luau Party, I did that once and it was really successful. Try buying leis, hawaiian fruits such as pineapple and coconut, and use lots of colorful streamers and balloons. If you can get a grass skirt, try those too.

By Chrissy

What are some good ideas for 12 year old birthday parties?