12 Year Old Party Ideas

Category Birthday
Your 12 year old is on the cusp of becoming a teenager. This can be a difficult party to plan so that all of the kids have a good time. This is a guide about 12 year old party ideas.

Planning a successful birthday party for your young teen can be a challenge. This is a guide about 12th birthday party ideas for girls.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 7

What's a good idea for a 12 year old daughter's party? She's very mature and so are her friends. Please help.

By zahynia from Pataskala, OH

Answers

Best Answer

Why not have an 80's era party. The girls can dress up with big hair, neon colors, fishnets, etc. and have a costume contest. Then you could turn a room into a dance floor with fog machines, bright balloons, and music from the 80's and now. Then you could finish it off with a movie from the 80's like Pretty in Pink. Hope you like the idea.

By Madison S.

Best Answer

A tea party is great at this age. Have the girls dress up to include white gloves, undo hair, etc. and serve finger foods. Cake in the shape of a tea pot, and different flavors of tea to sample. White table cloths and soft music. Include the moms. Later the girls can spend the night. It is really fun especially if the adults gather and it is a great time to get to know the parents that you don't know.

What are some good ideas for 12 year old birthday parties?

Mari From Rosedale, MN

Answers:

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Why not have an 80's era party? The girls can dress up with big hair, neon colors, fishnets, etc. and have a costume contest. Then you could turn a room into a dance floor with fog machines, bright balloons, and music from the 80's and now. Then you could finish it off with a movie from the 80's like Pretty in Pink. Hope you like the idea. (12/13/2009)

By Mads4

Mari From Rosedale, MN

Answers:

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Why not have a skating party or a bowling party its all fun and you can have boys and girls come to it. That's what I have done for my daughter a few times (05/03/2006)

By Margaret S.

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Have you guys ever thought of a jump house? (02/24/2007)

By Carley

Wing it

A fun idea is have a sleepover and order pizza and stuff. Get ice-cream and lots of snacks, maybe watch a movie, play cards (Cheat and Slap Jack, rock! It's fun I swear),
listen to some music, have make-overs and fashion shows, and stuff like that. If you're quiet then your parents can just go upstairs and they don't have to worry about you, or vice-versa.

The next day have pancakes for breakfast or go to the mall. (03/05/2007)
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf361033.tip.html

12 Year Old Party Ideas

OKay, I have some ideas for girls who are turning 12, for my b-day party, we went to the mall. There was about 4 groups and a parent with each group. Each group had a list of things to find
around the mall (like get a straw from the food court). So it was really like a scavenger hunt around the mall. It was really fun and was a low price! (03/28/2007)

By Sammy

12 Year Old Party Ideas

GO Rollerskating (01/05/2008)

By Destiny

12 Year Old Party Ideas

If your having boys and girls over have a little fake prom. (01/11/2008)

By pretty14yearold grl

12 Year Old Party Ideas

If you have a trampoline, you can invite over 4ish people and sleep on it! I did it once it's so cool! (07/13/2008)

By Devon<3</p>

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Here are some activities I have done for previous birthday parties.

1. Depending on how many people come to your party buy that many different party favors. Lets say 7 people are come to your party buy 7 different party favors. At home, look for bags of different sizes.
    Start with the first (and smallest) bag and put what you think the best prize is in there (an tape it up). Keep doing this until you think that the layers of the bags with prizes in them go
    from not-so-great, to best. When it's your party get in a circle and pass around the "bundle". Play music and when the music stops, the person with the bag in their hands opens up the bag and gets
    what's inside, so then that person is out. You do this until there are 2 people left. Your guests are or aren't allowed to trade goodies, depending if you are feeling nice or not.

2. If it is in the winter, make gingerbread houses out of graham crackers. Use Marshmallow Fluff to hold it together.
  3. For a theme (in the winter) have a beach theme. In the summer, have a winter wonderland theme.

Hope some of these helped! (08/27/2008)

By IB

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Have a dance party and make CDs for your friends. (08/27/2008)

By IB

12 Year Old Party Ideas

For boy birthday parties, you can do like 10 of your friends that are boys and have water gun fights XP. Then you can play Jack Pot which is wicked fun, but I am not gonna bother writing how to play.
Then play spin the bottle! XP joking. Anyway, you can have a hot dog eating contest or a chocolate milk chugging contest. That would be fun for you lugs I bet. You can
pretend you are girls and have a contest to see who seems the most like a girl. Then, if you have siblings, see who is the best at imitating their siblings. Have the guys w/out siblings be the judges.
If you all have siblings then you are all judges. That's all I've got. If you are wondering how the heck a gigrl knows all this, I am a complete tomboy. Like seriously, I won't wear a skirt.
and my hair is probably shorter than half the boys in the country. So yeah.

Love, Cookie Monster (08/30/2008)

By Cookie Monster

12 Year Old Party Ideas

Here's an idea, have a spa party! Do manicures and pedicures and if you have a hot tub, relax and turn on the bubbles! Maybe even sip lemonades in champagne glasses! (09/04/2008)

By Hannah

12 Year Old Party Ideas

I think a pinata is a great idea. Here's my tip if you are having a big party leave disposable cameras around the place and tell people they can pick them up and take photos you'll end up with heaps
of photos of different people and lots of memories! (09/17/2008)

By Rube

my party

As the guests arrived my big brother stood at the door and asked all the gals who had dressed up as pop stars if they were on the guest list. It was well funny because half of them didn't know him.
Then he took them all to the living room and they waited for me to make my entrance. I was upstairs and I was singing they all heard me then I came down the stairs looking like a superstar!
We had karaoke for the rest of the night then they slept over. Great fun for no money! (10/07/2008)

By Ellen

12 Year Old Party Ideas

I took my daughter to a hotel with many of her friends when she turned 11. We got a hotel with waterslides and a hot tub, etc., because it was a cold winter and our house isn't huge. They got to buy stuff
at the gift shop as their "loot bag" (e.g., stuffed animals). They had their own room where mine adjoined. They rented movies but even took our video game systems to hook up to the hotel TVs.
They did each other's nails, etc. In the morning they went to the fancy restaurant downstairs for waffles. It was a good time.

Now she is having a basement party with boys, so I don't know how to plan for this, her 12th. (02/28/2009)

By Tgirl

My birthday is in July but i want to get some ideas so i can start planning the party now. I am turning 12 and I am going in to middle school so I want the party to be the party everyone remembers.