Smoked Sausage Dinner
- 3 cans French-style green beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 5-6 small potatoes, scrubbed and cut into bite-size pieces
- smoked sausage, cut in chunks
- seasonings to taste
Put all above ingredients in crockpot and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
This is another recipe from "The Penny Pincher's Cookbook". It would be hard to find a cheaper, easier meal, and it's very tasty too.
- 1 lb. smoked sausage, chopped
- 1 (1 lb. 2 oz.) can hominy, white or yellow
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black eyed peas or bean of preference, drained
Brown the sausage in a skillet for about 5 minutes. Add the hominy with a little of the liquid and the drained black eyed peas. Simmer together until hot and tasty, about 20 minutes, adding a little more water or broth if necessary.
Good served with cornbread.
4 - 6
Source: "The Penny Pincher's Cookbook" by Sophie Leavitt
By Free2B from North Royalton, OH
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.