Use a Photo Album as a Recipe Holder

I found this "photo" album several months ago at a discount store. I loved the cover but wanted to use it for recipes instead of photos. It just didn't make sense to me to use it for photos with a "chef" motif! Now that I am collecting so many fantastic recipes on a daily basis at Thrifty Fun, I am using the album to store the recipes.

I just print them on 4x6 index cards and they fit perfectly into the pages. Each page will hold 2 on each side of the page. With the clear covering protecting the card, you don't get unwanted spills/stains on the cards! Since the photo was taken, I have covered the word "Photographs" with a label I printed that says "Recipes". The book has 50 pages which is 200 recipes. I try to get the entire recipe on one card, even if I have to print it on the back of the card too.

By Southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

Use A Photo Album As A Recipe Holder

Cute album!
I have been doing this for years, only I print my recipes on full page printer paper so I can see them better. Then I slip them in the clear protectors. If I have similar recipes of the same dish I put them all together in the protector...then they are altogether if I want to try a new version.

My album is a repurposed notebook covered with a thin layer of batting and pretty fabric and some ribbon.
These make nice gifts for bridal showers, kids that have gone off to school or have moved out and into their new place.

This album you found is adorable. My mother used photo albums for her recipes for years while I was growing up. A couple of years ago, she passed the albums down to me which was a treasurer! Now I add my recipes to it along with ones from my childhood. It is a special gift to have the old and the new.