Repair AdviceCars

Review: eBay Motors for Auto Parts

Use eBay motors for car parts vs. local parts stores or junkyards. My car needs a headlight. A local junkyard quoted me $45 for the part. I recently bid on, and won the same thing on eBay motors for $5 plus $12.40 shipping. $17.40 vs. $45. That's an automatic savings of almost $30!

I have my eye on some struts that my car needs as well. They are $50.99 each at Autozone. They're $36.99 plus $30 shipping on eBay. Sounds expensive but not when you consider I will save over $30 by purchasing there instead of in a store.

Another great thing is the money comes right from your bank account if you choose to pay that way, or you can pay with a credit or debit card. But be careful. I have one debit card that won't work for some reason, and one that does.

I try to deal with reputable sellers. I like them to have at least 98%-99% positive feedback. Even if I have to pay an extra few dollars I will to ensure a smooth, easy transaction. I try to weigh the volume of sales they do with the amount of negatives they have. If they do a large volume of sales and have a few unsatisfied buyers, it's much better than someone that sells very little and has just as many unsatisfied buyers.

Things do get lost in the mail, and sometimes things do happen, but it's a lot of fun to me!

By Alicia