Embroidery Floss for Hand Sewing

Being the frugal person I am, instead of buying a spool of thread to match the item I am hand sewing, I keep on hand a bag of embroidery 6 strand thread that has many choices of colors to chose from. I am almost always able to find the color I need. Just separate 2 strands (that is equivalent to one strand of spool thread). I feel that I save at least the $1.25 that it would cost me to buy a regular spool of thread to match the item and then maybe never need that color again. Why not give it a try?

By Mary from Traverse City, MI

What a great idea! I'm always needing a color of thread that I never seen to have and am collecting spools of thread that I have to find a way to use. Thanks for the idea.

Crafts SewingJune 6, 2011
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf41638801.tip.html