Removing a Paint Stain from Carpet

I have a paint stain that is set in my carpet! Please help me on what to use on the carpet to get it clean. What is the best thing to use?

By Jean

Best Answer

I used paint remover once when I spilled a whole can of stain on my grey carpet. It took it right out but has a very stong odor. Test in a closet or something first and be sure to have your windows open.

Best Answer

I used to do new construction cleaning and always had to clean up paint messes/splatter/spills off the carpet before a walk through. I used "Goof Off". Its the one in the spray bottle, its a lower odor one then the ones in the cans. You can get it at Home Depot.

Test it first in a closet area for your carpet. I would spray it on and let it soak for a few minutes then use a clean white towel to clean it up. Worked great everytime. Love the stuff!

Here is a link to their site. It has many uses for it on many different surfaces also.

www.goofoffstainremover.com/

Best Answer

A friend of mine is a professional carpet cleaner and he uses odorless mineral spirits to remove paint from carpet. You can buy it a a hardware store. Dab it on/off, don't rub and make sure you dispose of properly as not to cause spontaneous combustion.