Traveling To Africa

Category Travel

I am 17 and might be traveling to Africa this summer for missionary work. I was wondering if anyone out there had done anything of the sort. I wear contacts and I don't know how that will work when I'm over there, and what key items should bring I when going to Africa.

Thanks,
Shannon

By sandy (Guest Post)

i would contact the missions group you are going with. i went to native america with youth with a mission. they gave a list of what i should bring to the school part and then i was able to gather what i needed for the mission part. another part of the class went to china and they did the same thing. who are you going with??/ sandysheep 1 @ yahoo dot com. dont use the spaces. and dont spell out dot

By Sonja (Guest Post)

It depends which part of Africa you're going to... if you're coming to South Africa you should have no problems getting solution or whatever for your contacts, but some other countries I'll advise you to bring everything with you're gonna need.

Sonja from South Africa

By Carol in PA (Guest Post)

Why not contact the office of the US Ambassador to the particular country you are to visit. I'm sure someone at the office will be able to help you.

Hi Shannon,
It would help if we knew where in Africa you will be doing your mission. It's a big continent.
Susan from ThriftyFun

By BK (Guest Post)

I used to live in Kenya which is East Africa. I agree with the other posters. I also would advice that you have your vaccinations upto date especially Tetanus and Cholera.
You might want to ask about the Yellow fever vaccine.
Best of luck

Hi - I've never been to Africa but a friend of mine said that you need to make sure you have tampons enough to see you thru apparently in some sanitary wear is not available.

By Allison (Guest Post)

Bring extra contacts! Once I lost one on the bathroom floor on a mission trip to Mexico.

My mom had to fedex me another one because I could hardly see with only one. Now I bring an extra pair on EVERY overnight trip.

By WanJoy (Guest Post)

My adult children went on a 3 week mission trip to Africa a few years ago; they packed clothing and shoes that could be left for the poor people of the village (they packed a bag of their good clothes for travelling purposes); my son took a fanny pack to wear for personal items, his passport and identification were kept in a fanny pack that was worn inside his shirt. Bottled water was an important item, stomach medication and snacks that a person enjoys would be a good thing to pack.

It is an exciting adventure to travel around the world to a country such as Africa; use common sense and caution along with trust in God to give you discernment in many areas as you travel. God bless your efforts and your heart.

By mike (Guest Post)

Well, if you are thinking about going to Africa,it would be nice to buy yourself some safety items. if you can find a way to get some sort of knife or something you're travel will be much easier. Also I would recommend you bring you're own drinking water, because of Africa's bad purification (if they even have any).

Finally I think congo is the African jungle (?) so you don't really want to go in there. Be safe of any bad plagues or diseases. Thank you. i wish you luck, and god bless you.

Anonymous

all of you are giving great advice I love this site an the people on it its like you all are grandmother uncles and Aunts all of you are the best you all give great advice you all are the best when I think of the word thrifty really how this economy is doing we are going to need each other for real in two years we are really going to fill it its estamated at a trillinon dollars a defasit WOW!

Travel and Recreation TravelMay 6, 2006
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-28 09:15:57 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

TravelTravel and Recreation