Ironing Silk Shirt?

I have a silk shirt that needs ironing. What is the best way to do this so I don't ruin it?

By Jess from Hillsboro, OR

Don't iron it! I would try steam first - try hanging it in the bathroom during your shower. I think if you try to iron it the iron will burn right through. Sometimes I throw wrinkled clothes in the dryer with a wet towel, that works pretty well, but I don't know if I'd try it with silk.

Place a very thin (white) cotton cloth over the blouse once the blouse is in the normal ironing position(s). Mist the cotton fabric with water and iron on low heat (my current iron low heat states silk/polyester).

That's how I've always ironed my silk fabrics. Takes a bit of extra effort using the cotton cloth but no worries having an 'iron' mark that way. :-)

As Deeli said, you have to use the lowest setting on your iron. You will not burn right through unless you have it on high heat. I have ironed straight on the silk shirt, misting as I go, without the protective cloth. But that was when everyone was wearing silk shirts a lot. I didn't have time for a press cloth. If this is a very special shirt, go with the press cloth as Deeli describes.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceMay 6, 2011
📓
🐛
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf43002033.tip.html

AdviceClothing