CarpetCleaning

Baby Powder Stain on Carpet

Category Carpet

How do I remove baby powder from a dark green carpet. It seems the more I try the more it spreads a whitish spot around.

baby powder stain

Nancy from New Hampshire

I had dark green carpet with my first baby...i can sympathize! One good thing I found (especially with getting rawhide out) was FOLEX, found at all stores in the carpet shampoo. A little goes a long way and safe for kids and pets. It breaks down the crud and you just rub it out. My dog liked to chew on rawhide on our dark green carpet, and it helped break it down to get it out! Great for other wierd stains like that. Did you try hand vacuuming on the highest suction? you may have to shampoo the rest out. Scrub in something gentle like Woolite. If it's out but it is white, you could try "patch dying" the spot as a LAST RESORT(blot rit dye sparingly.) I would shampoo it out as much as possible though. If all else fails, it is a good excuse for a nice throw rug! but PLEASE try the FOLEX first!

Did you have any luck?

Easy! Get a cotton bud and spray the cotton on the cotton bud with perfume!

Stab the areas with the cotton bud, this may take some time so you will probably need help.

How to get baby powder out of carpet?

By Kristie from TN

Answers

Spilled a whole bottle of castor oil on the upholstered couch. I looked up how to clean it up and they said to put baby powder on it and let it soak in. I did that and not only do I have the oil stain but powder stain also!! HELP!!!

You need a vacuum with a strong suction, like the Shark