How Do You Make Loud Shoes Quiet?

Try adding padding of some kind to the heels of your shoes to quite them down. This is a guide about, "How do you make loud shoes quiet?".

This site is great! I have mid-heel shoes with a chunky heel that makes a loud clunk when I walk on hard floors. Is there a way to quiet them down? I tried putting layers of masking tape on the bottom of the heel, but it made the shoes slippery and the tape wore off pretty quickly.

Maxine

Answers

Best Answer

Head to the shoe repair shop. They can put heel plates in heavy duty rubber on for you. Quiets the shoes right down.

Best Answer

Actually, I did try the shoe repair shop. Cost me $25 and they're just as loud! They replaced the hard plastic on the very bottom with what I think is hard rubber. Anyone know where I can get the right kind of soft rubber to glue on myself?

Best Answer

I've successfully used the 1/4 in thick pads that are used under the bottom of chair legs so floors aren't scratched. The pads don't last forever under chair legs either, but because of wet weather and snow, I have to change monthly if it is a shoe I wear daily. I've not found them in black so I use a permanent black marker to color the edge that is visible.

Best Answer

The chair pads work great!! I then took a sharp knife and cut half the padding away so they weren't so noticeable to my feet.

Anonymous
Best Answer

I cut out a couple felt pieces the size of my noisy heel and hot glued them to my heel. Worked like a charm! I don't know how long it will last but it won't be too hard to replace.

Best Answer

If you're looking for a more reliable option, just replace the heel tip with Scarlet noise-free heel tips. It takes 2 minutes to replace. I recently changed the heel tips on many of my heels and love the sound proof walk. I got them at Amazon - Scarlet heel tips.

Here's a link: http://amzn.to/2mVEsUM

Best Answer

I covered the bottom of my noisy platform heels with self-stick cork pads which I bought from Walmart for $1 a package. Did an amazing job! Highly recommend it.