General AdviceConsumer Advice

Finding an Organization for Senior Women

There is a nation-wide organization with the word Federation in it. It employs senior women at a very small salary to work as "grandmas" in kindergarten classes assisting teachers. I can't find anything online and wondering if anyone can help me find the full name. Thanks so much.


Joan from Manassas, VA

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

February 12, 20090 found this helpful

I don't have information for an organization with the name Federation in it. However, there are two programs I'd encourage you to look into. 1) Experience Works used to be called Green Thumb and was created as part of the Older Americans Act. I have been employed (as a Senior) with this program. They pay federal minimum wage, $6+ an hour. 2) Foster Grandparents. I know nothing about this program except that they pay a "stipend", which about 6 years ago was about $2.65 an hour. #1 can be found on the Internet. I don't know about #2 on the Net. You can be placed in classrooms under both of these programs if there is a need. Hope this helps.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
February 15, 20090 found this helpful

i work in the school system here in maryland. there are many volunteers. some of them are elderly.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
Consumer Advice General AdviceFebruary 11, 2009
Birthday Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by ThriftyFun.

Generated 2018/09/17 10:12:49 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!