Let Toilet Brush Dry and Sanitize Above Bowl

Toilet brushes can get very stinky and mold-infested. To avoid this, flush the toilet after cleaning it and dunk the brush up and down to rinse it. Dunk again when the water refills, then put the handle of the brush under the seat with the brush over the bowl (keep the cover up for air circulation). The brush will dry cleanly. After it's dry, put the top down and then the brush can go back into the holder.

By Polly L.

I have found a solution to stinky toilet bowl brushes that I have used for over a year now and it's great! My brushes came with those "holders" that catch all the drippings from it. I simply poued about 2 cups of Listerine in them. Once every few months I dump it out into the toilet and wash it out and replenish the Listerine. But my brush always smells fresh now! And so does the bathroom!

Great idea. Been doing this for years and just as you said, its more sanitary (and added bonus of keeping the holder less nasty looking) than putting a wet brush back in its holder. Thanks for sharing as I am sure there are others that need this tip.

Anonymous

A good idea is to put pine sole in the brush holder to keep germs an orders down

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomApril 28, 2009
📓
🌻
🐛