HerbsGardening

Ideas for Surplus Herbs

This year my herb garden is doing well. I have a nice amount of peppermint and oregano. I have dried some for tea and cooking spice. However I don't want to let the rest go to waste. Any ideas for dried peppermint recipes, and holiday gifts? I'm hoping my lavender comes in this abundant too. Thank you!

Ginger from Walnutport, PA

How about drawer sachets? Or the rice bags you heat up and put in the micro, they would add good scents to them. This year I am in the process of growing basil and parsley to give the plant itself as a gift to reltives at xmas.

One year my aunt gave me some of her herbs and a herbal tea book with a teapot. One of my best gifts ever :)

potpourri - or if you're really industrious (and craft-y), how about soap or candles?

By Ginger (Guest Post)

Thank you for the great ideas! The potpourri and drawer sachets both sound like ones I will try.

And sharing the mint with tea for a gift sounds the easiest.