Staking Tomato Plants?

What do I use to stake tomato plants in a 5 gal pot or bucket?

By Norm from Plymouth, NH

Staking is done using a single metal or wooden stake at least 3 to 6 feet long and 1 inch thick.I also use reed poles from Lowe's. The stakes should be driven 12-18 inches into the ground. The stem of the plant is then secured to the stake with a soft tie. The advantage to using stakes for support is that they are inexpensive and take up very little room. They are also suitable for both determinate and indeterminate varieties of tomato plants. More info online, good luck.

This year I found at my dollar store the Tomato coil it is a 1/2 inch coiled metal rod about 6 ft. tall and you shove it in the ground or pot and you feed the main stem of the tomato plant up this coil the only problem is I refuse to snip off the side branches so I use VCR tape to pull them in and I tie the tape to the same rod.

OK don't laugh but I used a weed I found at the edge of the woods. I think my neighbor said it was called a golden rod.

They are like 4ft tall. I just pulled the leaves off and let it dry out for the day, and poked in down in the pot and tied it up! The neighbor laughed but went and broke him some to use!

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 17, 2009
🌻
📓
😷
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf50622101.tip.html