Store FinderConsumer Advice

Flea Markets and Outlet Stores in Marion, NC

I'm going to be travelling to Marion, NC this weekend and am looking for flea markets and outlet stores/malls. Can anyone tell me if there are any in the Marion, NC area?

Tammy from Anderson, SC

By Kathy in Franklin, NC (Guest Post)

Where is Marion? I am game for new thrift stores. I live in Franklin NC. Have you been to the ones here? I also go to Fibber Magee's Closet in Highlands NC. One of these days I am going over to Murphy to their flea markets. I have only been in NC for 2 years and have become quite against spending more than a dollar for clothes......lol

By Jackie (Guest Post)

If you go to Morganton, NC they have a large fleamarket right off I-40. Go I-40 east, and get off on Exit 100 ( Jamestown Road ) Turn left and just follow the road to the market.

It's on your right.

Kathy...on the map it looks like Marion is Northeast of Franklin, maybe about a 1-1/2 hour trip. No, I've never been to the ones in Franklin and don't know anything about the ones in Murphy either. (I'm pretty NC illiterate!) LOL

Any information is more than I have now :)

There is a flea market every Friday and Saturday at the Country Diner in Marion NC 7-till

By Mitzi (Guest Post)

Try clicking the link below:

http://www.goog  ket+marion%2C+nc

Or ... Go to Google and type in flea market Marion, NC or any other place you are interested in.

Happy junkin'! Mitzi

Try this link: http://www.flea  /NC/Default.aspx

It is a listing of ALL flea markets in N.C. There is no listing for Marion, but I personally don't know what is around there so that is why I am sending the link. Hope this helps you out.

GaJan

I live in Marion. There is a flea market--from I-40 E take Sugar Hill exit 81 (toward Marion). Turn left onto Main Street, turn right onto East Court Street. You will go through about 5 or 6 lights. The flea market is on the right after the second big church (Clinchfield Baptist Church). From I-40 W take Exit 90, turn right at stop sign. Turn left at T (it is a couple miles). Flea market will be on your left (again, you will drive a couple miles).

It is open from 8-4. As you go down Court Street, you will probably pass different "group" yard sales. As far as malls and shopping, the closest is Asheville (mall, Michaels, Target, etc.) or Hickory (really big mall, furniture mart, etc.). Asheville is about 45 minutes west and Hickory is about one hour east. Asheville's roads are slightly confusing; recommend a very detailed map!