Salvage Grocery Stores in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

Category Store Finder
Shopping at your local salvage grocery store can help make your food budget go further. This is a guide about salvage grocery stores in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas.

Where are discount grocery stores in the Dallas area?

By Linda from Dallas, TX

Answers

I'm a little late, but Irene, are you talking about Topline Warehouse? Or, can you tell me where it's located?

Dallas
The Grocery Clearance Center, 3107 S. Cockrell Hill Road (at Kiest Blvd), Phone 214-330-3663
http://www.groc  126-pn_Home.html
Fort Worth
Town Talk Foods, 121 N Beach St., Ph 817-831-6136
http://www.towntalkfoods.net/
Grand Prairie
Topline Warehouse Store, 433 E Church St., Ph 972-262-5326
Most of the listings for Topline seem to indicate it's an appliance place rather than food...
The places in Dallas & FW have websites.

I am trying to locate a salvage grocery store near home. If anyone knows of one in the Dallas Ft. Worth area please let me know. Thanks.

Lisa from Kennedale, TX

Answers:

Salvage Grocery Stores in Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas

There is a place called Town Talk in Fort Worth on Beach Street that I think will meet your needs. A friend bought a bag of Starbucks coffee for 1.99. I have been there a few times and love it. (01/25/2009)

Lisa you have Town Talk in Ft Worth on Beach St. We shop there a lot. There also is one in Arlington, Top Line I try to go there any time I am out that way. Terry (02/02/2009)

By Terry

Have I got the place for you. It's The Grocery Clearance Center, the biggest and probably only true salvage store in the city of Dallas. It's at the corner of South Cockrell Hill Road and Kiest Blvd. in far North Oak Cliff, almost to the Duncanville city limit. This store has been in business nearly 20 years and has fiercely loyal customers, including me.

They stock the usual canned and boxed goods, plus a great variety of frozen meats and desserts.

As I understand it, they have contracts with all the major grocers and distributors and pick up from them nearly daily. Ask anyone in the aisles, we will all testify to the fantastic bargains and sterling service we receive there. They have a website" groceryclearancecenter.com, if you want to see photos and read about them.

I don't know where you live, but I drive in from Wylie, a bit of a journey, but the bargains never fail to make the trip worthwhile. You really need to try this place. The owner is a cute guy from England, I think, and he and his crew will knock themselves out to help you. Oh, I nearly forgot a good feature. They have a program whereby you accumulate "stamps" to get free merchandise. Very little is free nowadays. Trust me, it's worth a trip. Cheers.

(02/12/2009)

By Irene N.