SoftwareComputers

Installing MagicJack on a Laptop

How do I install the MagicJack on my lap top? It is a Toshiba with Windows 7 and a Claro Mobile Internet 3.5 G. Thank you very much.

By Anita D. from Panama Bocas del Toro

I hope you don't depend on your telephone like I do. I installed Magic Jack on my computer once. It was terrible! The connections were always static-y and every time my computer went down (storms, restarts, bringing it down for over night, any other reason) the Magic Jack went down too.

And getting customer assistance from them was just plain non-existant! And getting my money back almost took a lawyer intervening.

Maybe you'll have better luck, but I swore I'd never buy Magic Jack again and have told my story to anyone who was interested in it ever since.

I've had MagicJack for about 2 1/2 years now, and I LOVE it. I had it on my desktop and now have it on my laptop. I've never had a single problem. I've been able to call friends all over the country for $20 a year, something I'd never have been able to do on my landline because of the cost.

Unfortunately, I don't recall how I installed it. I thought I just plugged it in and it gave me instructions, but I could be wrong. I hope someone responds who recalls how to install, if just plugging it in doesn't work. Good luck!