How do you remove cooking spray from a sheet-rock wall?

My two year old was expressing himself again, this time with canola cooking spray on my laundry room wall. Now I have the "prettiest" greasy spot you ever saw. I thought about dawn and water but I am not sure if you can get that kind of wall wet. Can someone please help me?

Michelle in Tennessee

By Seagrape (Guest Post)

Try a paste of sodium bicarbonate and allow to "set" for a few hours. This may absorb some of the oil. You may have to paint over to completely cover it.

My personal suggestion would be Murphy's Oil Soap. Can't give you any particular reason why except that the Soap cleans really well and I like the smell afterwards. Oh yeah - and you might try Simple Green. It's bio-degradable too.

By suzi homemaker (Guest Post)

I just cleaned some apartments that had grease stains around the stove area and we had to use Kilz as a primer and repaint. The drywall is chalky and absorbs the grease. It will not come off. Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning WallsAugust 2, 2005
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf528836.tip.html