FurnitureCleaning

Baby Accident On Couch

My little niece fell asleep on my couch and wet her diaper. it leaked out onto the couch. l dabbed at it with warm water. What else can I do? The couch doesn't allow for me to remove the cushions to wash or anything.

Mamacita

I would dampen it with a mixture of baking soda and water, or try just applying dry baking soda and let it set overnight and that should remove the smells

By Ann4 (Guest Post)

I have 4 children and this has happened more than once. I just pour several cups of vinegar on the spot. You can then turn the cushion on its side and let it dry for a day or two. I have never had a stain and the vinegar and other smell disappears.

By (Guest Post)

Why do you want to do anything else? Baby urine is sterile and dilution by dampening, as you have done, and blotting off with plain water should prevent a stain. Then just let it dry.

Regards

Jo

By Bill (Guest Post)

Read and buy from www.urine-off.com.
Have used it and it is the only product that you will NOT be giving your money away on.
I am in Montreal, Canada so have no vested interest in this product only to say that it WORKS!!

By Anon (Guest Post)

Re: baby urine is sterile.
Baby urine is sterile when excreted, but that doesn't mean is STAYS sterile. It will provide a nice, wet, fertile breeding ground for any bacteria it comes in contact with (e.g. germs in the couch). I've read that it only takes 20 minutes for the sterility to be lost and bacteria to begin to breed in the urine.

By (Guest Post)

Use a steam cleaner