Taking Care of Your Feet

When looking for shoes, an expensive pair of shoes will often last longer than a cheaper pair. Plus the better shoes will be better for your feet, especially if you're on your feet a lot. I got this advice from my Doctor. It's better to take care of your feet while you can, rather than later on wishing you had.

By Terri

By Linda (Guest Post)

I have always heard that your best shoes should be those that you wear most often. Usually those are your work shoe. As a nurse I have always spent the most on those shoes. Linda

By (Guest Post)

My husband used to buy cheap($12 or $15) tennis shoes...a pair about every 6 weeks or so because the insoles would get thin and hurt his feet. I finally convinced him to buy a good pair of leather oxford type shoes. He paid $75 dollars but after 3 years, is still wearing them. They came with inserts in them, and he just replaced the inserts for $10. You do the math, and figure out how much money he has saved already, and still lots of wear left in the shoes with the new inserts.

Harlean from Arkansas

I have several pairs of custom insoles made directly from impressions of my feet. To properly wear these, you must remove any type of insole in the shoe, including the original arch support. With these, I am able to get away with wearing cheaper shoes. However, nothing lasts quite as long as a well-made pair of shoes. They are definitely worth the price paid for them.

Consumer Advice Clothing BuyingApril 27, 2005
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf542573.tip.html