DishesCleaning

Cleaning The Outside of Magnalite Pots

Category Dishes

I am looking for something to clean the outside of my magnalite pots. There is years of build up on them. Please help.

This might be helpful

http://www.cook  luminum_pots.htm

Hi, I tried everything, and finally, the only thing that worked was putting it my my self cleaning oven on the "clean" cycle for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. When it cooled down, I rinsed off the dust and looked very good. Not shiny like new, but very clean. I suppose I could polish it if I needed it shiny, but was just happy to have all of that burnt on black stuff gone. This works for cast iron, too!!

My Magnalite pots went through Hurricane Katrina in Bay St. Louis, MS. How do I get the corrosion out of the insides of the pots?

Ive had my magnalite pots 14 years still look brand new. i use Cameo Stainless steel cleaner. Its about 97 cents at walmart. It makes your sink shine awesome too.

Anonymous

Thanks so much. I will try this.

Thank you I'll try it

My magnalite pots look terrible!

my magnalite pot has a red residue around the rim. how can I clean this

papad44 AT hotmail.com

I have scrubbed mine and over and over trying to get rough areas on the inside/outside out/off. Is there something I don't know about cleaning these things? There is rough areas in the inside and no matter how much I scrub besides my hands being stained I am not accomplishing much. HELP!

I recommend using aluminum truck box polish - Lowe's has it for sure. If the build up is from years it takes several go overs but the results are worth it. The mirror shine comes back and they look pretty sitting where they can be seen. Will still have any really deep scratches but otherwise it is phenomenal!

I found a cheap way but, you need to be patient and its going to take a lot of scrubbing my Magnalite pots were found in a shed with no roof. The corrosion and white powder residue was all over inside and outside of my pots. The only thing I did was I used salt water with a piece steel wool and scrub for about an hour I tried everything and nothing worked. So try that if you love your pots like I do. Thanks and god bess!

The name of the company that makes Magnalite is General Housewares Corp. Their address is 1536 Beech Street, Terre Haute, IN. 47804. Hope this helps anyone trying to use the warranty to get them refinished.