Removing Ink from a Leather Couch

How do I get blue pen ink off of my cream leather couch? I have tried rubbing alcohol, leather cleaner, Murphy's oil and the last resort, hair spray is not advisable.

By R. Brown

Best Answer

You mentioned using alcohol, but you didn't indicate the percentage. You must use 91% isopropyl alcohol for good results in removing pen ink from leather. Dab a cotton swab or cotton ball with 91% isopropyl alcohol, and approach the stain at one side. Press gently, don't rub, until the ink appears on the cotton. Do this a little at a time until all the ink is absorbed. I've used this method several times with great results. Good luck!

Anonymous

Thank you! You just saved my couch!!!

Non-gel toothpaste may work. Add a little to a damp cloth and gently rub, it's abrasive enough to remove ink from most fabics but not enough to scratch leather.

You may have to do this more than once to remove all the ink. I would strongly suggest trying it on a small, hidden spot to make sure it will not scratch the leather.

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherNovember 12, 2011
🌻
📓
🐛