Hang Pegboard for Playroom Organization

I was having trouble in my daughters' toy room. Their things were always on the floor. So I installed "peg board", as used in the garage, etc. I painted it purple and pink to match their room. I used peg board hooks to put their toys all up and down the walls to get them off of the floor. I used old Easter baskets and things like that to hang from the hooks. I even pulled a small shelving unit up off of the floor and put it on the wall as well. It is much more organized and now my girls can find their toys and I don't have to keep reminding them to clean.

For the pegboard hooks, I also used paper clips for light things, and reused old curtain hooks by taking off one part of them. I hung their "kitchen" items on the wall so that they would have easy access to them. Then, I took a long curtain that had two sides to it and put it in their closet with all of their dress up clothes. Now they have a curtain for their "stage." You can become really creative.

By Tammy from Fort Mccoy, FL