DollmakingToys

15 inch Fashion Doll Clothes Patterns

Last year I got my granddaughters 15 inch fashion dolls at Walgreens for $5.00 each. They are lovely but I can't find any patterns for clothes for this size doll. Does anyone have any suggestions? I did find a plastic 15 inch doll at Walmart with a pattern for a crochetted dress but I also want to make fabric clothes for the dolls.

Thanks a million,
Stanlie Steamer from Long Beach, CA

By Pat. (Guest Post)

When I've been desperate for a pattern in the past, I've just taken a current article of clothing and traced a new pattern from it. As long as the clothing isn't too complicated, you can usually make a new garment from this pattern by just adding on a seam allowance of 3/8 inch or so. When I was a little girl I had hours of fun going through my mom's fabric scraps making outfit after outfit for my doll this way. What a nice grandma you are!!

By Stroeger (Guest Post)

Here is a web address that has patterns and descriptions for dresses for 15 to 18 inch dolls.

http://www.bell … les/art19205.asp

Good luck

I used to find these patterns in the Singer, McCall's pattern books for sewing at fabric shops.
Try ebay, too.

You can also guess at a pattern from interfacing (which is cheap), cut and paste until it fits and then cut it out of the real fabric.

By (Guest Post)

You might try www.ccoriginals.com for patterns. They have about 40 doll clothes pattern sizes for fashion, girl and baby dolls and a doll body measurement chart to get the perfect fit. Hope this helps.