Crocheted Doll Sweater Patterns
Crochet doll clothing is fun and easy to make. There are patterns available for varying skills levels. This is a guide about crocheted doll sweater patterns.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Instructions for making a 18 inch crocheted doll sweater.
- scraps of yarn, fingerweight (You can use all one color or vary colors.)
- size D crochet hook
- Make 10 granny squares as below.
- Chain 5, join with sl st to form a ring
- Round 1: Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), 2 dc in ring, ch 2, 93 dc in ring, ch 2] 3 times, join with sl st to top of ch 3.
- Round 2: [Ch 3 (counts as 1 dc), 2 dc, ch 2, 3dc] in ch 2 loop, [3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in next ch 2 loop] 3 times, join with sl st to top of ch 3 sl st in each of next 2 dc, sl st in next ch 2 sp>
- Round 3: [Ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc] in ch 2 loop, [3 dc between 2 dc groups, 3dc, ch 2, 3dc in corner ch 2 loop] 3 times, 3 dc in sp between 2 dc groups, sl st in top of ch 3.
- Round 4: Work as for Round 3, but make 2 dc groups between corners.
- Round 5: Work as for Round 3, but make 3 dc groups between corners.
- Round 6: Work as for Round 3, but make 4 dc groups between corners. Fasten off.
- Fold a square in half and sew it together. This is one of the sleeves. Repeat for the other sleeve.
- Connect front of one sleeve to top half of one square, then connect its back to another square. Do the same for the other square.
- Connect last four squares to the bottom of the squares attached to the arms. Sew or crochet squares together, except for front.
October 22, 20050 found this helpful
What an adorable grannie square baby sweater I am so glad that crocheting is very popular now.
By Linda (Guest Post)
December 22, 20050 found this helpful
What size are each of the squares in this sweater? I want to use some other size yarns and need to know the guage. Don't have the doll to fit it to so am not sure how big a square to make. Thanks
By Phyllis (Guest Post)
January 21, 20060 found this helpful
Thanks for the pattern, are there any fo the 18" doll dresses?