Freshen House While You Vacuum

Here's a good way to freshen your house while you vacuum. When putting a new vacuum cleaner bag in your machine, place a cotton ball soaked in clove or you favorite scented oil inside the bag (or in the plastic container on the bag-less models).

It fills your home with a nice aroma and doesn't get into the carpet, or harm pets, or children.

Thank you so much for this tip.I was just about to ask for advise on a good smelling vacuum bag!What a great idea!

By Donna (Guest Post)

Great idea but we have a bagless vac -- will that work on that? Don't want to mess up my vac! Thanks.
Donna from Hertford, NC

I have a Dyson. When I put a dryer sheet in the clear canister, I can't smell anything.

I think it may be because of its tight seal and the HEPA filters. Has anyone else had this issue with the newer vacuums?

Hey, good idea! I'm gonna try it tomorrow. I have a bagless but think it should work. We'll see. Thanks for the tip!

I tried it and it only works for one time. the next time you have to put in a new cotton ball...ok w/bagless...but quite wasteful with bags.