Function of Top Left Key on a Gateway Keyboard?

I need to know what the function is of the top left button on my Gateway keyboard, model KB0532? It looks like a half moon. When I pressed it the computer shut off. Please help.

By ARTHUR from Cape Coral, FL

A moon indicates the sleep or hibernate feature, I would think. It appears to shut off the computer but if you try pressing any key or the space bar it should come back on. If that doesn't work, then don't press that key.

I found this if pressing another random key like OliveOyl mentioned doesn't work to get you out of sleep mode:

You can simply disable that button from going to standby mode by: right click on desktop - properties - screen saver - power... - advanced - when i press the standby button...:choose do nothing.

Some keyboards have the shut down function. I know mine is like that.

At the end of the day, I just use the keyboard shortcut to shut down the computer, then manually shut down the screen.

Computers TroubleshootingApril 2, 2011
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf56442592.tip.html

TroubleshootingComputers