Internet TipsComputers

Managing Email Advertisements

Category Internet Tips

I love to receive email advertisements from the stores where I shop, but I seldom really need to buy anything. Instead of opening each email and looking through it, I have created a folder for "Advertisements." I move each unopened ad directly into the folder. If a need arises, I can easily look through the most recent ads for the product that I need to buy. Once a month or so I delete the emails from the previous month. This saves me time and money.

By Cathi from Norristown, PA

It would save you more time if you made folders in your "advertisement" folder either for type of products (clothes, car, house, pet, etc) or specific stores. If you know your stores well enough then stores would be the fastest for finding the products on sale.

Great idea! To take it a step further, you could create an e-mail rule that automatically sends advertisements to their own folder and marks them as "read," so you don't even have to bothered with them until you need them.

Good Idea! How did we ever manage without email. I created an "orders" folder for items which I buy online. When the item arrives I delete the order so it helps me keep up with things. It also helps me to remember to post vendor feedback at amazon.com and ebay.