DogsPets

In Memory Of Candy (Black Lab)

We got De De (the yellow lab) when she was 3 months old. She is the mom of Candy (the black lab) who was born on Feb 10, 2006. Here Mom is 8 years old and Candy is 2 years old. They love to go for long walks. Candy was our door monitor, she learned how to open the door for anyone that came by. Candy passed away in 2009, but we still have De De.

By mia

My lab/boxer mix can open doors too! He can open both round door knobs (in or out) and opens the coat closet accordion door every time he is left home alone. Looks like Candy did a number on your door (my bedroom door looks much the same). They really worm their way into your heart despite their little quirks, don't they :) Makes it so hard to lose them. My condolences on the loss of Candy. She's a little fuzzy in the picture, but she sure looks like she was a pretty girl.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Oh, I am so sorry for the loss of your Candy. She left so young, but there's never enough time with our charges is there? I am thankful my dog cannot open doors, but he is a wonderful backup to an alarm clock: each morning at 6:30 he thuds on our bedroom door and waits until opened.

Then HE goes back to sleep! Again, so sorry for your loss.

Reply Like this photo? Yes