Growing Vanilla in Egypt

Can vanilla be grown in Egypt? I am starting a small horticultural business on the Red Sea Coast. Does anyone have information that would direct me to find out if this is possible? Do you know of any websites that have information on this subject for Egypt? I tried to find information from the Egyptian Agriculture Ministry but no luck. Would a green house with irrigation be OK for vanilla production?

ShuShu from Red Sea Coast, Egypt

Anonymous

I googled a few ways and there are lots of sites to learn info including where to purchase the seeds or plants :-) Just keep changing the questions in the subject line and all kinds of different informational links pop up :-) Questions like:

How to grow vanilla beans

Can you grow vanilla beans in egypt

Vanilla bean gardening

Hope this helps :-)

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceFebruary 11, 2009
🐛
📓
🌻