Alternative for Octagon Soap in Homemade Dish Soap?

0
Share
5
Save
Follow
Print

Is there another soap that can be used besides Octagon soap? The Octagon soap cost too much on the internet.

By Ronald M.

You can use any clear soap or ivory soap bar works the same. I buy ivory soap three or six at a time. It lasts forever in the pantry. If it gets old it'll be difficult to grate but will still work.

Do not buy on the internet. Most grocery stores and Walmarts sell it now. Afro-Caribbean stores too. You can find it at Shop Rite, Best ways, some drug stores. It usually cost .79 or so - pretty cheap.

I have been looking for octagon for a long time. I used to buy it in Alabama years ago. I thought I was just in the wrong area now BUT alas, Colgate doesn't produce octagon any longer :(

Well to my surprise I didn't know that Octagon soap was not being manufactured & now it's way too expensive!! I looking to buy for my daughter acne&boils problem, my mom made a remedy for acne with this soap..it works too!

Any suggestions on what soap to substitute? Hopefully cheaper..

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts

Some people recommend using Fels-Naptha, which is still available at most larger stores or online. You should be able to use any basic soap, like Ivory but make sure it doesn't have a lot of additives as that could have mixed results when using.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to use.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes DishesJuly 23, 2011
🌻
🎆
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf59740216.tip.html