Need Ideas For 6 Year Old Boy's Indoor Birthday Party

I need some ideas for my soon to be 6 year old's birthday party. I was just going to have a family get together but he wants a birthday party. We are new to this area (1.5 months) so I am not that familiar with the kids in his class and the ones I have met are "rowdy". I am unsure what to do.

It is usually snowing here so outdoors is out of the question. I have a small house so that is out too. I can get a large birthday room for free "yay" so that is not a problem. What kind of theme should I use? What games and how many should I plan for? How many children should I invite? Should it be a boys only or the whole class?

A friend suggested a sleepover, but I feel he is too young for that. We live a rural area too so if a little one got upset, it takes a while to travel here. He loves the outdoors (deer, ATV's, etc) and he loves Army men, go figure! I am alone on this project as I have no friends here to help me out. The last party was a disaster, the parents did not watch their children and I was all alone trying to wrangle 15 little ones ages 3-4. Not fun, I couldn't enjoy my son.

Any ideas, suggestions, comments would be helpful. His birthday is Jan. 27th!

Thanks so much.

Last year we had a zoo/jungle theme party for my 5 year old. I took crepe paper and "toilet papered" my entire living room ceiling to look like a jungle. My neighbor brought over two snakes (my one time allowance, ever!.........You could get blow up animals at the dollar store and hang them from your "vines.") I took pictures from a coloring book, shrunk them down and glued them onto very small gift bags. They served as goody bags. I had crayons and the kids each colored their own bag at the beginning of the party, it was kind of an ice breaker. we had a monkey pinata, played pin the tail on the tiger. My sister-in-law did an ice cream bar, and that went over well. We also bought a little cotton candy machine and had cotton candy and popcorn, with hot dogs. Everyone had a blast. A couple of hours should be all you need, and as long as you keep moving to the next activity (even if it's not going the way you planned it in your head) it should go well. Good Luck! I hope this helps.