Homecoming Date Idea

I am going to homecoming in two weeks and I am looking for ideas for a day activity. I'm looking for a really good one that she will really like. So if you have any good ideas just tell me. Thanks.

By spencer from Layton, UT

Best Answer

What a friend did for me when I was in HS might work for you, too. The day before the big night, we went to our local Merle Norman makeup store. (If you don't have a Merle Norman store in easy driving distance, most department store makeup counters also do this.) They talked with me about what colors I would be wearing, and what colors I liked. Then they tested a couple of colors against my skin tone, and in the end, gave me a simple makeover. I don't remember now if we bought anything. That's been a few years ago now, but I'm sure you'd do better if you could make a small purchase. Even a lipstick or bottle of foundation would be enough.

If makeup isn't your thing, you can skip that and move to the next step: your local beauty school. Your date can get a nice hairdo and maybe even a manicure and/or pedicure for a reasonable price. If there's a HS-level beauty school near you, prices there are even lower. Both these kinds of schools are well-supervised by trained professionals. The one thing I wouldn't recommend doing the day of the dance is a dye job; even professionals would want more than one day to get the best results.

If your budget is tight and you can't afford this plan plus the dance, perhaps your parents, her parents or a mutual friend might consider funding it. And, it'll make your date feel pampered and special, I'm sure of it!

Are you looking for a date activity the night of or an activity for you two to do together the day of homecoming?