"12 Days of Christmas" Parade Ideas for Brownie Troop

I have a Brownie Troop that wants to be in the parade. The theme is "12 Days of Christmas". Any Ideas?

Cindy from Linn, MO

Best Answer

I don't know how many are in your troop, but if the number matches a number in the song, you could dress up as that animal/people (you know, like if it's 12, then dress up as 12 drummers drumming).

Best Answer

I agree. Or if you have fewer gals than 12, try "nine ladies dancing," (that might be loads of fun,) "eight maids a-milking," or any of the rest. If, for example, you chose the "pipers," you can decide whether to create bagpipes (perhaps from canvas bags and wooden dowells? Sorry, I'm not very crafty,) or flutes from wooden dowells, which might be easier all around. For the "four calling birds" or any of the bird choices, I'd imagine you could use fabric, cardboard, or posterboard for wings and beaks. Have fun!

Best Answer

I like the simple, easy ideas that the others have come up with. I would only add that each girl should have the number of 'her' verse somewhere visible, in case anyone isn't sure what she is.

(Curious fact, which will probably never come in handy for anyone: Christmas Day isn't the twelfth day of Christmas, but the first. The twelfth day of Christmas in 6 January, also known as Epiphany. Why I, a Jew, know this, I don't really know.)