Frugal Refurbished Ereader

You may not consider the purchase of an ereader as frugal but in my case, it is. Our "local" library is 60 mile round trip. Then the books have to be returned. Consequently, I've not been able to enjoy reading a book in several years.

My reader was cheaper, because it is a refurbished model. Having had it less than a week, I've found there are numerous web sites whereby one can download freebies.

Our Canadian libraries loan ebooks for two weeks, if one has a Sony. An annual subscription works the same as regular books. My little reader fits into a large pocket, and accompanies me everywhere. I love it.

By joan from Ontario

Top Comment

And I'd like to add that, if you can purchase an older or used Kindle that still works fine: Amazon.com has many ebooks free. The titles rotate every few weeks.

I have to say that reading your post made me sad. The library is the best place in a town, I hate reading that you are so far from a local branch! Does Canada have mobile libraries? We had them in the States but just before I moved to Scotland the county had started cutting the mobile hours and route due to budget troubles.

What a great idea to use the ereader, I hope more people are able to use them to access a library catalogue!

Bookbub sends out a daily list of books for a very low price or free. They will immediately be sent to your Kindle or another electronic device of your choosing. Sign up by going to Bookbub.com
They very much appreciate your review of the books but it isn't a requirement.