GardenPhotos

Keeping Mini Roses Alive

In the past I have received mini roses and have always had them die, no matter how tenderly cared for them. This last one I got as a gift I decided to plant outside, and it has flourished and grown very fast. I put it in the sun area. So, if you have bad luck with these pretty mini roses, try placing them outside.

By Linda from Bellevue, NE

Keeping Mini Roses Alive

Yes, I have one I've had for several years - it loves the outdoors. People tend to think, as I once did, that miniature roses are delicate houseplants, but they're not. Thanks for sharing, and God bless you!

I've had four in a row die, so now I'll try this!

And when your husband paints the house, make sure he does not step on it!!!!!

I have always planted my mini roses outside. Some I have had for 10 years or more, I just care for them like any other rose. Hubby just bought me three more at the buy one get two free sale at the local Big Y. I love them.

Trish in CT

Twenty years ago I planted a red rose bush on the south side of the house and never saw it again. I thought it had died over the first winter. This spring I pushed aside the pink rose bush next to it, and there it was, happily blooming away. I swear it wasn't there before.

I received one for my bday last month, and within a couple of weeks it was dead (I thought). I did take it outside in a sunny area, and it has come back! woo-hoo!

By Joy (Guest Post)

I got one as a gift, too. it has done well outside for the past 2 years, even through winters in PA.

But this year, a little bunny ate the whole thing, leaving only a stick. But who knows, maybe it will still come back. Hope springs eternal!